Artistic Woodland Engagement Session
Everything about this engagement session photographed by Adrian Michael Photography resonates with me. The quality of photography, the natural setting, and obvious love of the couple - all of these things provide a solid foundation for a fantastic shoot, but what really seals the deal for me is that the details come together without overwhelming the eye. Here are a few reasons why I feel they enhance the shoot rather than detract from it:
- The colour palette is limited to tones that compliment the natural setting.
- The lighting doesn't shift much, keeping the look consistent.
- There are no shots that include all or most of the details. Less is often more in a shot and allows the viewer to fill in the details with their imagination.
- The posing + styling (arranging of details, wardrobe etc.) suits the couple and the setting. Nothing looks out of place, but nothing looks too contrived either, which reflects how comfortable Melody + Paul are in their surroundings, with each other, and with their photographer.
- The props and wardrobe pieces all compliment one another. There is no vintage bicycle in one shot, slick electric guitar in another, and a ball-gown style dress featured in a few random shots.
Thank you so much Adrian as well as Melody + Paul for sharing a beautifully curated engagement session with a natural feel and artistic spirit. I can't wait to see and feature more creative work of this caliber on Vale + Vine.