Timeless Wedding Trends on the Amalfi Coast
Here's the thing about shoots like these--they set the bar in terms of ideas that pave the way within the wedding industry. Photographed by Vaisa Photography on Italy's Amalfi Coast at the Moda E Arte workshop, this styled shoot embraces some of my favourite leading trends in the fine art wedding world. In no particular order they are...
- Coloured, ethereal wedding gowns - From champagne to dove grey to blush, sweeping gowns in barely neutral hues heighten the sense of romance and glamour, retain a classic bridal feel, and cause jaws to drop. Plus, they look incredible at sunset.
- Suave suits with clean lines - Say goodbye baggy to American-style suits...say hello to slimmer cut European-esque suit pants and jackets (we're not talking skinnies here, just a little more tailoring and a LOT less frump) The narrower cut suits exude a Bond-like aura with classic tailoring and European flare. They've been a long time coming.
- Calligraphy - In an age of computerized, digitized everything, it's been truly refreshing to see hand-penned invitation suites, escort + place cards, and menus included in a wedding's styling. Often accompanied by hand-illustrated details and maps, these paper goods are just one aspect of the hand-crafted revival I love that is sweeping through the wedding world.
- Long tables + loose, organic floral arrangements - The combination of a more formal long table (as opposed to the more casual circular variety) and a loosely arranged floral centrepiece speak of old world traditions, romance, and elegance. I can honestly say I hope this is one trend that never goes out of style.
- Outdoor Settings - By allowing nature to set the scene and provide the ambience for a wedding, couples can invite their guests to relax more naturally and their photographers to use natural light more fully. Of course, the climate and time of day are of great importance in this matter, but when considered and adjusted for, the results can be spectacular and well worth the effort.
For more fine art wedding looks I love, take a peek at these: an ethereal Oregon Coast shoot, a fall orchard shoot from Vancouver Island, a bridal look from North Carolina, and Canadian heirloom tablescape ideas.
In other news, if you're a fan of Vasia Photography, you'll want to check out Boheme Workshops, a collaboration with Toronto photographer Artiese Studios. This September they will be hosting an intensive 5-day fine art photography workshop in Greece and it's bound to be one incredible experience!
Credits // Photography - Vasia Photography at the Moda E Arte Workshop on the Amalfi Coast, Italy / Design + Florals - Joy Proctor Design (formerly Joy De Vivre) / Paper Goods - Written Words Calligraphy / Gown - Samuelle / Headpiece - Jannie Baltzer / Hair + Makeup - Mia Jeppson / Ring - Classic Vintage Rentals / Ring Box - The Mrs Box / Tuxedo - J. Crew / Ribbon - Silk & Willow / Cake - Farfalla Di Zucchero / Tabletop - Classic Vintage Rentals / Linens - La Tavola Linen / Video - MG Image / Hotel - Hotel Caruso / Location - Villa Cimbrone / Film Lab - Richard Photo Lab //